Mom and Russ made it to Baltimore today. The weather was cold and rainy, which would make the roadtrip seem even longer, I am sure.
Tomorrow he must get another go at obtaining a biopsy, and hopefully no more errors will be made. Although doctors are only human and are quite capable of making mistakes, it has made the whole process very frustrating for Russ and mom both. I will update on how the procedure goes.
Friday he is scheduled to get another test done in radiation. I believe this is a standard test they perform so that they may give him the radiation treatments properly.
Because they had 2 procedures scheduled this week they have decided to stay up there for the entire time. This will add a 4th week to their planned 3 week visit. He will begin chemo and radiation on Monday of next week for 3 weeks.
Thankfully, they were able to secure an apartment rental, so mom brought some quilt material to sew and hopefully pass some time.
The weather never did get nice enough to inspect hives on Friday, so it will have to wait until a nice day does happen. I plan to go up weekly and check on things such as the bees, and I expect Russ's hives will thrive this spring. We both hope to get LOTS of honey.
Thanks for stopping by to check in and I will update this week!
Sam:-)