Monday, February 8, 2010

Treatment, Day 1

 
Today was the first day for chemotherapy and radiation therapy. I am very happy to say that, although it was a long day, it went well.
Russ was given an IV with medicine to combat the side effects such as nausea first, and I think that has made a big difference. He was also given some tablets to take every morning for 3 days to keep side effects to a minimal. Yeah!
He will continue radiation therapy each week day and have chemotherapy again on Monday, for the next 2 Mondays. 
Small steps lead to big journeys and we are all excited to see them both in a few weeks!
On a different subject, they are expecting MORE snow Wednesday! Tomorrow they are going to head to the grocery store and hope there is some food left to buy:-)
I will keep you all updated, check back in a day or two.

1 comment:

  1. Russ,

    Keeping you in our prayers.

    Glenn and Lois Geralds and Hazel Wilson

    We're keeing Hazel posted.





    Glenn anhd Lois

    Glenn and Lois

    ReplyDelete